Saturday, March 14, 2009

Day 94: March 14, 2009

There's a wedding dress hanging in my closet. I don't know how to feel about that. It's a bit scary, and exciting, I suppose. But weird... I didn't think I'd be dress shopping till about July.

Everyone says that when you find the right dress that you just know. For some reason I didn't really think that would happen, and at least not till about 50 dresses later. But I should have known better. With me, I've always have a really good intuition about things, I always have. With people, with things. This apartment and my last I just knew I wanted them right away and I didnt even want to see any other ones. It was sort of like this with the dress. It was the first one I tried one, I loved it, and I didn't even want to bother trying anything else on, although I did, just to make sure I knew what I was talking about. lol, this is just how i shop. Unlike most of the female population, I really don't like shopping, and even less when there are other people with me. I like to get in and get out as fast as possible. I don't dawdle. I see what I want, I get it, and I'm out of there. (with the exception being, of course, a book store. Just try getting me out of there fast!)

The dress was perfect. I had seen it in some of the magazines and had ripped it out to go with my pile of dresses that I really liked. When Gina and I sat down with the greeter lady at the store she actually picked that one out for me the second we walked in. Its very flowly, which is perfect for the whole cruise wedding thing. The whole dress is perfect for my figure. It hugs and accentuates all the right places and really doesn't make me look huge at all (which is always a bonus!). There is always a worry that I will lose too much weight before the wedding because I've already lost 16 pounds and I'm still going strong, however they said they could take in the dress 2 sizes, and I really doubt I'll get any smaller than two sizes smaller. lol, it would be wicked sweet, but I doubt it would happen. Plus, and this is a huge factor, the dress was so inexpensive!!! I mean, I was expecting to pay like 4 times as much. So even if worse come to worst and they can't take in the dress enough, I'll just get a new one. It really wasn't that expensive at all. But I love it, so hopefully that won't have to happen.

It's a good thing Tom isn't home, because I know I would probably end up caving and showing it to him. I can't help it! Tom and I don't keep anything from each other and if he asked to see it, I don't think I would be able to say no. But i am on strict orders from Gina, my maid of honor, to NOT show him the dress under any circumstances. Fine...

No comments:

Post a Comment